St Ives Choir : October 2024 Concert - Around the Wold

The St Ives choir held its bi-monthly concert on 25 October 2024.

The first series of songs were

  • If I Ruled The World
  • The Drinking Song
  • Tulips From Amsterdam
  • April In Portugal
  • There is a Place For Us (Somewhere)





Phil then sang the solo 

"San Francisco (Flower in your Hair)"

(Note: YouTube would not let this song be uploaded due to copyright restrictions)


The first singalong contained the following songs

  • Slow Boat To China
  • Island In The Sun (accompanied by Rod on the Ukulele)
  • California Here I Come
  • The Lambeth Walk





Mac & the Choir then sang 

"True Blue"





The Choir then sang a group of 5 songs:

  • Chicago
  • Streets Of London
  • Eidelweiss
  • I Left My Heart In San Fransisco
  • Colour My World




The second singalong compirsed

  • Jamaca Farwell
  • Day Trip To Bangor (accompanied by Rod on the Ukulele)
  • If You're Irish
  • Scotland The Brave (accompanied by real bagpipes)


Pamela Jan & Gerda then sung

  • Under The Bridges Of Paris


The final section of songs by the choir ware

  • Funinculi Funincula
  • The Loin Sleeps Tonight
  • The Volga Boatmen
  • Around The World
  • I Still Call Australia Home


Note, due to copyright restrictions the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" has been removed from the YouTube video.


Here are some Photos from the Event












Comments